4.21.2010

So I like totally updated my blog! (Looking for traveling and time-passing ideas, yo.)

Finals are done - only three semesters (or so) to go! Let the boredom of summer ensue! And any ideas of what I can do to pass the time? Other than sitting in my room and watching movies on my totally cool TV?

-

Also, I've decided that I want to take a few trips over the next year or so, and would like some suggestions from the four people who read this blog.

Firstly, I'd like to go on a sort of mini-trip sometime this summer - preferably one that wouldn't cost more than two or three hundred dollars. My initial thought was to fly out to New York, catch a few Broadway shows (I do desperately want to get to "Sondheim on Sondheim"), and then go down to VA for a few days... But, unfortunately, that's sort of out of my price range at the moment. So any ideas for that? It'd probably best be somewhere I can go in my car, possibly with a few friends. Somewhere cool, and maybe somewhere I've never been before (not a new state or country though, obviously.)

Secondly, the recent, uh, list that has been passed around (you know the one of which I speak) has inspired me to, well... It's made me feel more competitive than I have in a while, and I've decided that next year I'm going to go somewhere I haven't been before, country-wise. What I'm saying is that I really need to drive up my number - there are certainly individuals I can't beat, but I need to drive up my ranking a little bit... Right?

So any ideas? Australia/Asia, etc. are too expensive, but I think there are other places that are relatively cheap. I'd only ask that the place not be entirely dangerous (half-dangerous is all right.)

These would, of course, only be a warm-up for the Ultra-Awesome-Mega-Ultimate-Fantabulastical Trip that I'll be taking after a few of my friends and I graduate (so it'll be a while, since at least one of them probably has a good three years left - enough time to save up for it.)

So, yeah, any and all suggestions are welcome! You could even suggest that I don't worry about stuff like this just now and focus on saving for school and the future and wait until I get a good career before I start planning epic trips - but, well, you know... I've gotta get more little black X's on the list!

7 comments:

Steve-Rosanna said...

We all know exactly what you are afflicted with, as all of us Crains (and anyone that hangs around us long enough) are born with a certain sense of wanderlust.

But, like mom and I and all your siblings have experienced-you also have a severe case of the dreaded "Provo Itch" which is described in some medical journals as a condition that arises after a few years in the middle Utah kingdom known as Provo-where one just can hardly wait to "see Provo in his/her rearview mirror!"

Probably time to make your NYC/VA trip happen!

Matthew K said...

Just don't plan on coming out here while we are there. Also I intend on making sure that you don't pass me. Sorry. Although the Caribbean and Central America are probably your best bets to add countries.

annalisa said...

Well I definitely think you need to come and visit us here in D.C.:) There is so much to do here. We could find some awesome, less known, but free museums and memorials to visit! There might even be some shows down here you could see:) Which could save on traveling costs from NY to here.

Something you could do with your friends is go to Zion National Park or Arches National Park and camp and hike other cool things like that. I really like Arches N.P. Or you could head north to Yellowstone (if you want more green and trees)

For your trip in the next year or so, you could go to the Caribbean Islands. Do a cruise or something where you hit a lot of islands.

Sorry this is so long, but for things to do this summer, you could write me a story about King Tutankhamen visiting the modern age;) Or you could go hiking in A.F. Canyon.

Well Tim, I think that's all I have to say for now.

K said...

I can't believe you don't want to come visit me here in California.

Don't worry someday you can pass up your siblings. It may be a few years, but I bet you'll win in the end. (o:

Aitch said...

I think for this summer a trip to the grand canyon, Lake Tahoe, or Yellowstone would be really fun. Or, of course, you could come visit me in MN :o)

As for your fanamazaloussome after-graduation trip, I think Central or South America would be a good way to go . . . fairly cheap, no jet lag, and you could hit quite a few countries in one trip.

But just so you know, I have no intention of letting anyone pass me on the list! (And I have every intention of knocking dad and Nate down a notch!)

Writing a novel wouldn't be a bad way to pass time this summer. And maybe it'll make you rich too!

Anonymous said...

I think Cedar City and the shakespear festival would be fun maybe. You might could stay in a "castle" Uncle Kendall's Castle that is.
Tim I am excited to see you update your blog.

Pete said...

Hey Tim! Just noticed that you updated your blog. There is a bus that runs from Chinatown DC to Chinatown NYC for only $35 roundtrip. We have done it before and it was fine. They showed some Chinese movie even though it looked like most of use were not Chinese. The buses run often, so you could leave early in the morning -- catch a few shows in NYC -- and get back to DC in the evening.