8.22.2010

Denver

I went to downtown Denver to do some work, and ended up completely captivated by this strange and wondrous building near the place where I parked. So, before my big post about Rocky Mountain National Park, here's a smaller post with some pictures of some of the absolutely amazing sculptures (and an interesting building) located in that lovely little complex.

And, really, I just want to increase my post count on my blog - if I play my cards right, I'll be able to double my current post count just with pictures and stuff from this Colorado trip.The Denver Arts and Civics Center, from afar. The Center contains several museums, a library, and maybe some other stuff (maybe.)
The Denver Arts and Civics Center, from aclose.
A sculpture, located within the same complex as the above two pictures.
It's a horse. On top of a chair. Got it?
This pretty much speaks for itself.

5 comments:

Steve-Rosanna said...

Don't you just love Denver?!? Such a refreshing change from Utah! So international and cosmopolitan unlike provincial Provo. No wonder they are in the Pac-10 now.

BTW, is that a real horse?

Mom said...

I don't know why, but I love the sculpture of the horse on the chair with a real person and dog sitting underneath it.

Interesting building too.

annalisa said...

Did you go inside the building? I like the building too! It's unique.

I love the big broom and dustpan :) It's so random. Well actually all of the statues are kind of random ;)

Oh and I am so happy you posted more pictures! I love it!

Aitch said...

If you like that kind of funky architecture, I'll have to take you to the Weisman Art Museum on the U of M campus next time you are here.

And you gotta love random sculptures like that. I particularly like the horse on chair one too.

I am glad you are enjoying Denver.

Lara said...

You're making Glen homesick with all these photos!